A couple of weeks ago I went to Boise for my brother's soccer tournament. I slept with Saydee in my grandparent's pool room in their basement. I get quite thirsty while nursing, so I always fill up my trusty water bottle and put in on the night stand next to me. Then, I can quench the middle of the night thirst! Well, as usual, Saydee woke up at 5:00 am. You must understand that during my college years (yes all 7 of them), I didn't go to bed until 5 am. At anyrate, I woke up to feed Saydee and took a big swig of water. I felt a little floaty in my mouth. I was a little worried because I myself, had filled up the water bottle sans floaties, and couldn't quite figure out what would be in the water. I decided to investigate and spit out the water. No sooner than I spit the water out, than the little EARWIG I attempted to swallow hurried off. I was horrified not only because I almost swallowed an earwig, but it was ALIVE!!!
If you notice in the picture, my water bottle has a lid and a straw. That must have been ONE determined earwig. Also, not pictured, is the nightstand that my water bottle was on. That little earwig crawled up the nightstand, up my water bottle, UP the straw and back down it. I am not sure if he was waiting for me in the straw or if he was taking a midnight swin. Either way, his determination paid off....only if he was suicidal that is. As soon as he scurried off, I smashed him with Saydee's wipes. In the words of my cute nephew Carson, "Bye Bye Earwig."
1 week ago