12.21.2007

Are you Sure today is NOT FRIDAY THE 13th

Okay, so one week from today I am getting married!! I just need to keep reminding myself of that and let that generate a stream of positive thoughts, because right this very minute (December, friday the 13th, ....oops I mean December 21st, I am having a NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY! I am doing all I can NOT to burst into tears!!!
I could not sleep last night and didn't fall asleep until 4 am, giving me a GRAND total of FOUR hours of sleep!! Not enough sleep to live off of considering that I have been working 13 hour days!
Well this morning I woke up and RAN to target to try to pick a little something up but they didn't have my size. FRUSTRATING!!!! Oh well, NOT a big deal. So I get to work at 9 am, (don't worry folks I closed last night and didn't get back home until 11:30 p.m.) So here I am at a work setting up the kiosk for the day. Well I have this big nice fancy computer screen and this morning I was setting up the awning (sp?) right above my head up and the arm that holds it up slipped out and FELL CRASHING into the computer screen. Have I mentioned that I am poor (hence the 13-hour work days) and don't have money to replace a spendy computer screen. Luckily the damage (while definitely noticable) is fairly minimal. There is about a 8 inch line (about 1 inch wide) running down the right right right corner of the computer screen. So it is very easy to still use the computer screen. I FEEL horrible. So at the moment I am mustering up the courage to call my boss (don't worry I AM TOTALLY going to call him). BUT WAIT! I don't have my phone?!!!! Why you ask?! Well only because I can't find my charger and didn't discover that until I got to the mall and noticed that I grabbed the wrong charger (bless my dear aunt's soul, she has a MILLION spare, random charger lying around her apartment). So my phone is not working;-) Oh well what can ya do?!!!
Well on a happier note, I am going home today for Christmas, I am done working 13-hour days AND I GET MARRIED IN ONE WEEK WAHOO!!! Tis the season to be Jolly, even if December the 21st, really started out like December the 13th;-)

5 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Good grief! It sounds like you and I are having the same day (except mine has been all month!) In fact, I just got charged $$ for picking my daughter up late from her fancy preschool. Sigh. At least you have CHRISTMAS and a WEDDING and a HONEYMOON and NEW YEARS to look forward to! Yay you!

Nicole said...

Sounds like you had quite the day. No fun! But it only gets better from here. I'm so happy for you. Being married is great, you are going to love it:)

Erica said...

hooray for december 28th!

Brett Bailey said...

OK, Breathe. Now Breathe Deeply Again. Take a step. Take another. There, you'll be ok now, I promise. Just remember that you don't control circumstances, but you do control your reaction to them. Just decide up front that you are going to laugh and have a good time no matter what comes, and you are already a long way towards doing just that. Besides, what is the point of getting married if you aren't going to laugh and have a good time?

Lainie said...

Its days like this that make you appreciate the normal, smooth happenings of normal normal life. I look forward to hearing about your wedding. MUST blog about wedding. MUST blog...