1.09.2011

It's Been Crazy

Check out the curls! Love the curls!

The past month has FLOWN by! Here are few events that I want to document since this is my only form of a journal! SLC trip, Utah, my birthday, Christmas, Anniversary and my Grandpa's funeral.

This time of year is crazy! I celebrate my birthday, anniversary and Christmas all in two weeks. It is not my favorite but it is okay. This year we decided to head down to Utah for the David Archuleta/Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It was AWESOME! We left Saydee at home with my parents and took off for a little getaway! It was so fun to go and look at the lights, eat my self silly and enjoy the Christmas Concert. Seriously, the performing artist makes a HUGE difference. Natalie Cole was not my favorite last year and after that, I vowed I was never going again, until that is I found out that David Archuleta was the guest artist this year. Now, I am all about going down this next year too! I can't believe that three years has gone by since marrying Richard. It has been a fun ride! Can't wait to see what is next. I am sincerely hoping that a new baby will fit into the equation sometime soon.

My birthday, well, all I have to say about that is that since everything was so crazy with my grandpa's funeral I will have to postpone my 29th birthday to next year....DARN! Seriously though, I am having serious issues with coping with this whole aging thing. I know that 29 is "young" but what scares me is how quickly the last 10 years went by! For real! SLOW DOWN! I also feel stressed because I would love a big family and this whole getting pregnant thing has taken me significantly longer than in the past and I am not getting any younger.

Christmas was awesome, I am very grateful I live next to my parents. I LOVE my family! I love that my mom and dad see the best in me and truly support me for who I am. They are able to look past my many weaknesses and love me anyway. They are great cheerleaders! They are also amazing grandparents to Saydee. I feel grateful that we live so close. They are great people for her to associate with. Anyway, back to Christmas, this year we did Christmas on our own. We did the traditional going to breakfast and a movie with my parents, but this year we slept at our own house and did our own Christmas morning. I would highly recommend it. It is a great way to start your own traditions and I think it is fun! Richard did a great job with his gift giving this year! I am excited about everything he got!

Saydee was super cute! She had no clue what was going on, but she got all sorts of excited when she saw her new toys! She enjoyed attempting to open presents WHILE I was wrapping them more than she did when she was supposed to be opening them. She is a doll! I can't wait for next Christmas when she understands it a little more.

Utah was an interesting experience for me. I enjoyed most of my time there. At least I know I have a home here in Idaho with a husband who loves me no matter what. I am grateful for that! Let's be honest, traveling with Saydee is not fun so we probably not be going down near as much. I had a lot of fun playing in the snow with Richard. I have learned that I am the wimpiest snowboarder ever. Seriously, my whole problem is that I am freaked out by going fast and really, I think that is a good portion of the POINT of snowboarding! I do enjoy sledding and watching Saydee in the snow. The sub zero temperatures don't seem to intimidate her and she loves digging in the snow. Apparently she takes after her dad because snow isn't so much my cup of tea.

My anniversary! WOW - three years has gone by quickly! I watched my wedding video on my anniversary just to be as cheesy as can be! Really, I have decided that I miss my wedding day! For one I miss the fact that I was 25. I can't believe all that we have been through in 3 years. Just for fun here is a list of the things we have accomplished or gone through in 3 years.

- Lived in Utah, Boise and Idaho Falls. NEVER thought I would live in Idaho Falls, even if it is just for a temporary amount of time.
- Held a combined total of 10 jobs! Really, we didn't get fired from any of them. They all ended for legitimate reasons like moving and having a baby!
- Had a beautiful little girl! Saydee has been so much fun and SO much work =)
- Bought our first home and remodeled the whole thing! Love my house!
- Bought two new-to-us cars.
- Gone on many adventures ranging from near death plane rides to camping in the Mountain Ranges of Wyoming in the freezing cold/snow!
- I joke and say three years down, 5 or 6 to go depending on how it goes, but really I love Richard and even though marriage is a lot of work, I love it! I am excited for many more adventures together.

Last but not least I wanted to talk about my grandpa's funeral! My grandpa had been suffering from dementia for the past 5 years. He was 93-years old and lived a great life. It was his time to go and I am happy that he is now at peace! It is always sad to say goodbye to somebody, but really, I felt I said goodbye several years ago. I don't think my grandpa remembered me for the past few years. That is okay, still love him! I had a lot of people offer their condolences about his passing and while I appreciated it, I really wasn't that sad! He is happy now and has quality of life! Despite my many complaints about life being too short, I am so glad that someday I will get to see everybody again! I will be surrounded by all the people I love and I am excited about that!

Phew, what a long post! Sorry to bore you all to death. I have been such a slacker at updating my blog and really I have no excuse. Sure, life is busy, but it is all about priorities!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! You've had a lot going on. I just have one thing to say though....why wasn't my Christmas card on your fridge? :) j/k Love you Jenn!

Shirley said...

Man you guys were busy! I'm sad we didn't get to see you. We should be coming up pretty soon so I can get all that stuff from you and we can hang out! Merry Christmas! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! I do hope you got to celebrate just a little. :)

Our Family said...

hehe. 5 or 6 years to go huh? I like that.

Alida B. said...

Busy, busy, busy! You have had a ton going on. I love Saydee's little curls. She's too cute.